Fly higher with UK professional qualifications
We’re able to give you access to some of the most valuable UK based professional qualifications that will see your career soar. And you don’t need to leave the country to get the qualification.
Our staff will make sure you have a simple and straightforward experience, from the moment you register for your professional exam to the day you get your results.
We’ll look after the whole process, from providing the exam venue and professionally trained supervisor to having your exams processed by the exam board.
All you need to do is prepare for your exam and turn up on the exam day.
Who we partner with
You can study with several top professional bodies and take your exams in Austria. We work with organisations including:
- ACCA: The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) is the largest and fastest-growing international accountancy body with over 300,000 students and members in 160 countries.
- CIPS: The Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) is the leading body representing the field of purchasing and supply chain management.
- CIM: The Chartered Institute of Marketing is the world’s largest interest group for marketing. In co-operation with professional experts from business and trade, CIM concerns itself with creating a deeper understanding of the role of marketing in the world of international business.
- IFM: The Institute of Financial Management at Manchester Business School Worldwide offers MBAs (Master of Business Administration), with various specialist topics, as distance learning programmes.
- IFS: The Institute for Fiscal Services (IFS) represents the official trademark of the Chartered Institute of Bankers. IFS is one of the leading suppliers of further professional training in the area of financial services.
How do you register?
It’s really easy to register for your professional exams.
- First get in touch with your education institution and register your exam directly with them.
- You need to do this at least one month before your exam.
How much does it cost?
For some courses, especially distance learning courses, the tuition fee paid by the student includes the cost of running examinations overseas, and the invigilation fee is paid by the college or university directly to the British Council. In this case we expect the institution to cover all local costs.
For other courses, the student is expected to cover local examination costs and despatch. This should be clearly stated in your institution’s instructions concerning examination arrangements.
The British Council Austria fees for the partners listed above are as follows from 1 April 2021:
- Exam up to 2.5 hours: € 270
- Exam from 2.5 hours: € 290
- Courier despatch to UK: €97
All fees are payable in Euro (monthly book keeping rate applicable) by bank transfer/online banking to British Council Austria, within the deadline detailed in the respective invoice.
Our account details are as follows:
- ACCOUNT HOLDER: British Council
- BANK: Citibank Intl plc Austrian branch
- ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0002279002
- BANK SORT CODE (BLZ): 18140
- IBAN: AT401814000002279002
- SWIFT (BIC) code: CITIATWX
Cancellation and illness
You can cancel your exam up to 10 working days before the test date; for this, an administrative fee of €84 applies. Contact us via e-mail to withdraw from the exam. When you cancel less than 10 working days before the test date, the full test fee will be retained.
In case you are ill on the test day, please send us a doctor's note within 5 days. You will then be refunded the test fee, minus an administrational charge of €84.