A UK higher education from home
Not everyone can travel abroad to pursue their ambition of a degree from a UK university.
So we're here to help you earn that highly respected qualification, from Britain’s leading universities, without leaving the country.
We make sure you have a simple and straightforward experience, from the moment you register for the university exam to the day you get your results.
We’ll look after the whole process, from providing the exam venue and professionally trained supervisors to having your exams processed by the exam board.
All you need to do is prepare for your exam and turn up on the exam day.
Who we partner with
You can study with several top institutions and take your exams in Austria. We work with institutions including:
- Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh: Heriot-Watt University has established a reputation for world-class teaching and practical, leading-edge research, which has made them one of the top UK universities for business and industry. Heriot-Watt delivers degree programmes to 11,800 students in 150 countries around the world.
- LSE - London School of Economics: The LSE, as a college of the University of London, has a reputation for academic distinction in teaching and research, both in the UK and internationally. All international programmes are developed by academics within the colleges of the University of London.
- University of London: Many levels of study are covered at the University of London including foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, as well as diplomas and research degrees. There are currently over 50,000 students studying in 180 different countries with the University of London International Programmes.
- Cambridge Assessment admissions tests: Cambridge Assessment runs admission tests including BMAT, ELAT, STEP and TSA for candidates holding foreign qualifications who wish to study or work in specific fields in the UK.
- Bangor Business School, Bangor University
How do you register?
It’s easy to register for your university exams.
- First get in touch with your education institution and register your exam directly with them.
- Once your exam place has been confirmed you should contact us and return the application form.
- You need to do this at least one month before your exam.
How much will it cost?
For some courses, especially distance learning courses, the tuition fee paid by the student includes the cost of running examinations overseas, and the invigilation fee is paid by the college or university directly to the British Council. In this case we expect the institutions to cover all local costs.
For other courses, the student is expected to cover local examination costs and despatch. This should be clearly stated in your institution’s instructions concerning examination arrangements.
The British Council Austria fees are as follows:
|University of London||1 or 2 exams within an exam session (May/June or September/October) price for each exam||£ 83.-|
|3 or more exams in an exam session (May/June or September/October) price for each exam||£ 58.-|
|Cambridge DELTA||Fee per exam||£ 50.- plus £10.- (courier)|
|All other exams||For the first exam (per exam session)||€ 264,-|
|For each further exam hour||€ 87,- / hour|
|Courier despatch to UK||€ 97,-|
|Nb. Maximum local fee charged to individual for one exam session is € 1000,-|
All fees are payable in Euro (monthly book keeping rate applicable) by bank transfer/online banking to British Council Austria, within a specific deadline detailed in the respective invoice.
Our account details are as follows:
- ACCOUNT HOLDER: British Council
- BANK: Citibank Intl plc Austrian branch
- ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0002279002
- BANK SORT CODE (BLZ): 18140
- IBAN: AT401814000002279002
- SWIFT (BIC) code: CITIATWX
Illness and Cancellation
You can cancel your exam up to 10 working days before the test date; for this, an administrative fee of €84 applies. Contact us via e-mail to withdraw from the exam. When you cancel less than 10 working days before the test date, the full test fee will be retained.
In case you are ill on the test day, please send us a doctor's note within 5 days. You will then be refunded the test fee, minus an administrational charge of €84.