Book your exam online and access our free preparation materials today.
- Exclusive, free access to our popular online preparation course 'Road to IELTS Last Minute course', which includes 100 interactive activities, 9 video tutorials and two IELTS Academic practice tests for each of the four skills
- Five extra Test Report Forms for free that we send free of charge to institutions you’re applying to (e.g. immigration offices, universities etc.)
Choose how to take your IELTS test and book online
You can take your test at one of our official test centres on paper or on a computer. All you need is a valid identification document and a bank card if you want to pay online.
|Tests we offer||Fee||Available test dates|
|IELTS Academic - in centre (paper or computer)||€243||Find a test date|
|IELTS General Training - in centre (paper or computer)||€243||Find a test date|
|IELTS Academic for UKVI - in centre (paper or computer)||€266||Find a test date|
|IELTS General Training for UKVI - in centre (paper or computer)||€266||Find a test date|
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1) - in centre||€170||Find a test date|
What you need to book
- A valid identification document. When you register, you’ll need to upload a scan of your ID. It must be valid at the time of booking and on the test day. If you're under 18, your parents will also need to complete the Parent consent for candidates under 18 form. IELTS is not recommended for anyone under 16.
- A bank card or your bank details. You can pay for your test either through our online registration system (by MasterCard/Visa or Klarna) or via bank transfer. If you are having any difficulties in making an online payment please contact British Council Austria via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If the online payment is unsuccessful, please transfer the money to:
Account Holder: British Council Austria
Bank: Citibank Intl plc Austrian Branch, Kärntner Ring 11-13, A-1010 Vienna,
(BIC) code: CITIATWX
In the Reference section of your payment please write: Reference Number + Name, e.g. CN001-70926-00130 – PETER SMITH.
By quoting the registration Reference Number as described above you ensure there is no delay in processing your application (such a delay may lead to a change of your preferred test date or cancellation of your registration). Once you have made the payment, please send us a payment confirmation with the rest of your registration documents to email@example.com
After you have booked your test
You will receive emails confirming:
- the start time of your test and the venue address
- your Speaking Test date
- your access to the free online preparation courses: Road to IELTS Last Minute Version.
More information about the test
Download and read our Information for Candidates to learn everything you need to know about the format, the different exam components and test results.