The British Council in Austria offers IELTS Academic, General Training and UK visas and immigration (UKVI) tests.
You can book your IELTS test with us online. When you book with us, you can be certain that you will be taking your test at an official IELTS test centre.
Tests we offer
|IELTS Academic and General Training - paper-based test||€239||Book now|
|IELTS Academic and General Training - computer-delivered test||€239||Book now|
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) *
(Academic and General Training)
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1) **||€171||Book now|
* From 7 April 2020, the fee for IELTS for UKVI (Academic / General training) will be €263
** From 7 April 2020, the fee for Life Skills (A1 and B1) will be €176
To book your test you will need to:
- Make sure you have a form of valid ID passport or EU national ID card at hand, as you will need to upload a clear photocopy of it when you book your test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
- Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test either through our online registration system (by MasterCard/Visa) or via bank transfer.
If you are having any difficulties in making an online payment please contact British Council Austria via email at email@example.com
If the online payment is unsuccessful, please transfer the money to:
Account Holder: British Council Austria
Bank: Citibank Intl plc Austrian Branch, Kärntner Ring 11-13, A-1010 Vienna,
(BIC) code: CITIATWX
In the Reference section of your payment please write: Reference Number + Name, e.g. CN001-70926-00130 – PETER SMITH.
By quoting the registration Reference Number as described above you ensure there is no delay in processing your application (such a delay may lead to a change of your preferred test date or cancellation of your registration).
- Once you have made the payment, please send us a payment confirmation with the rest of your registration documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once your booking is complete, you will receive the following emails:
Once you have completed the booking process, you will receive a confirmation giving you the start time of your test and the venue address approximately one week before your test day.
Your Speaking test may be scheduled on the same day as the other sections, or on a different day within a 7 day window before or after your main test day. The test centre will send you a confirmation for the Speaking Test date.
After booking your test, you will also receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS.
You will also receive your IELTS Reference Number to access the Test Taker Portal. Please make sure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test.